The Friends of the School (FOS) are a fund raising committee, set up by the parents of the children of St Mary's. We organise various events to raise money to support the school in providing additional equipment and resources or special treats for the children. Our events are held throughout the year and include discos, Christmas and Easter fairs, film evenings for the children and quiz nights for the adults.
The money raised is always used to benefit the children of St Mary's. We currently support a number of projects and events, including the following:
- equipment and accessories for the polytunnel
- additional books for the school and individual class libraries
- sweets and crackers for the school Christmas dinner
- food and prizes for the Nursery and Reception Christmas party
- additional toys and equipment for lunchtime play
- small instruments to support the music curriculum
- year 6 leavers books and hoodies
FOS plays an important role in the life of the school and welcomes any help or fund raising ideas from all parents. If you would like to give a little of your time to this small and friendly team, please leave a message for the team at the school office.